• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

how wrong was your local weather forecast today

Yup same here - nearly stopped me going fishing - thankfully didn't stop me getting up - checked conditions - pah some heavy drizzle + NO wind = a day on the river!

C.

Hi men ,

Jason , I know where you are coming from mate . As an experiment I put bbc weather on the TV , and on the laptop , quoting diffrent stuff :D:D:D:D:D, think it should be a guide :D:D:D:D:D:D.

Hatter

I was expeting the worst as I was on the upper Bristol Avon today and that area had a terrible weather forecast. As it turned out, conditions were almost ideal!! Had a cracking bag of roach, chub and trout!!

The rain we had last night has put the river up quite a bit, I watched the local lock keeper opening up all bar 2 of his gates on a big weir so that’s it up 6 foot for the next few days!

Every weather forecast I looked at last night was wrong!

Glad I got up and blanked in mainly windy conditions. :D

I normally trust metcheck ahead of the bbc....today metcheck for my postcode got it absolutely the opposite... better to watch tv I thinks

Suppose Carol kirkwood...you know the one withe big j...'s will have to do for now on....what ever happened to that one that went on the skating show?

thinkk she's on that loose women now?

trust your own intuition I thinks...weather forcasts nowadays are just as bad as they ever were...?!

Cheers
Jason

Bit of a theme going on here, most of the respondants appear to be from a 30 mile(ish) radius of Oxford, perhaps the rest of the country is either flooded out or blown away.....

On the basis that every forecast indicated the same; 30 - 40 mph winds and heavy rain.
I opted to stay indoors, shame may have had a outside chance of fluking a barbel.... Yeah right!!

The wind wasn't as bad as they said but it was still strong, the rain made up for it thou :eek::eek: it did stop me from going out today :rolleyes: but now hearing that me river is out in the fields i think i made the right chose ;) no fish is worth a life :(

Last edited:
well the long term forecast in my region...is no rain for the rest of the season....was last night anyway!

this morning, now we have one day with sleat! looking nice and sunny though and it's one final push to catch a barbel or two even if the weathers not ideal

Cheers
Jason

We had rain on Saturday as forecast, but Sunday which should have been a gale and torrential rain turned out a bit of a damp squib. Hardly any wind and rain was just one or two showers. Yesterday was tropical and today once this fog has gone looks like being the same.

i was only saying to the wife though, last year we were in Madeira.

Paul

Back