• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

How much?

Neil Smart

I have contacted a lady who is disposing of some fishing tackle for a neighbour. Rather sad really in the chap has become a victim of mental illness and will not get better.

So amongst what is left, are two 8000 Shimano Aero's in very good order no spare spool no box etc, two Wychwood Specimen Barbel rods 1.75 nice slim blanks, two new model Rougue Barbel rods 1.75 new with plastic on handles.

I have never used the 8000's series, can anyone recommend these? Or if anyone is interested in any of the items let me know.

Cheers.

I have 6000's and 8000's Neil ... and Wychwood specimen barbel 1.75's :), i find them entirely satisfactory, though some might consider them a bit hefty,... the reels that is, it's a personal choice i guess, you certainly wont be under gunned the set up will land the biggest Barbel that swims.... Edit my only criticism of the rod is that the cork isn't as dense as you would expect on a more expensive rod, and seem unduly 'pitted' but i've had mine several years, and they seem to be standing up very well, and have not deteriorated.

Attachments

• P1010482.JPG
    P1010482.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hi Ian.
I have used Wychwood Rods and still have a few , honest rods, albeit a bit hefty as you say, the Specimen looked a slim blank and the other two (Rogues I believe) looked slimmer too that the older ones. I just have too many rods though, if that is possible, and would like to see them go to a good home...so I will advise £35 ea for the Rogues and say £45 for the specimens?
The 800's I will probably take if they are as good as the XTEA's I will be happy.
Thanks for the advice, appreciated.

The last time i saw Neil, the specimens retailed for £49.95, that was a few years back mind, not sure about the Rogues. When i said Hefty i was talking about the reels !

Back