• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

hooklinks

S

Steven Whybrow

Hi, i no everyone has different opions on tackle but what hooklinks are the best braid or mono, or do they both have there day.Also how long should they be again iam getting different opions on this.Thanks ste.

Bass Pro XPS Fluorocarbon for me last season. I never lost a fish due to this breaking, and my hooklenghts were between 3-4ft.

If you know anyone of to USA for their hols its worth getting some. Its a good price against what we have to pay here for silmilar stuff.

Cracking flouro that XPS, Rick. Length wise Steve, anything from 10" - 6 foot. Generally longer when its clear, and shorter when coloured. Drennan sink braid is a very good Braid too.

Just been looking at the bfw shop and theyve got some sufix mono hooklink but its in 15lb only is this to excessive.cheers ste.

I have been using map carp tek for a couple of seasons now and find it excellent, knot strength spot on and very robust, can be hard to get hold of though.:D

Back