• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hooking Casters

Matt White

Hi All

I was fishing caster and hemp this weekend. I started the session super glueing 2 or 3 casters to the hair but when I went to change the bait, after an hour or so, my super glue wouldn't dry and I couldnt get the casters to stick. Whether this was because it had rained really heavilly and the air was pretty damp I dont know, I use Gardner rig glue.

I was wondering if there is any other ways you guys use to present casters on the hair? Or do you just do away with the hair completely and fish them straight on the hook?

Thanks

Matt

Buy superglue gel and prepare a hooklink before you need it. I've recently dispensed with superglue and just hair rig 3 rubber casters, pop on a bait stop and your good to go. I would only do this if using braid as the rubber casters sit up slightly off the bottom the length of the hair. With a stiffer hooklink it may make the hook sit up off the bottom.

Back