• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Home Page Picture

Had a few this season come out for happy hour early dining. Most of them later on mind.
We have strict time allowances here and at best we get 20-30 mins of darkness. Itā€™s not easy if they ainā€™t infront of you
This was my favorite one.
Yes much smaller granted at just breaking a double but the colours and condition were just sensational.
View attachment 16644
Rich,
A completely off the wall question! I notice you are wearing Vass gear, are they the 175 Bib ā€˜nā€™ Brace ? If they are any comments on breathability please?
Regards
Bill

Rich,
A completely off the wall question! I notice you are wearing Vass gear, are they the 175 Bib ā€˜nā€™ Brace ? If they are any comments on breathability please?
Regards
Bill
Thatā€™s the 175 winter suit Iā€™m wearing.
Imo itā€™s the best Iā€™ve ever had.
Itā€™s not a breathable material at all really because itā€™s like a soft rubber. It doesnā€™t hold water at all like other suits do and get heavier.

Everything bounces or runs off it like a ducks back.
But itā€™s so dam light. Itā€™s 1/3 of the weight of my last one and so easy to move about in. Like wearing a tracksuit
Iā€™m not pouring with sweat under it either even though itā€™s quilted, it requires layers under it depending on the temperature outside.

1 down side. No zip on the bnb.
If you need to goā€¦ā€¦ you have to drop the front down.

Iā€™d buy another definitely because Iā€™ve not owned winter clothing anywhere near as light and flexible as this stuff and I was using it last year on frosty days for the pike.

Thatā€™s the 175 winter suit Iā€™m wearing.
Imo itā€™s the best Iā€™ve ever had.
Itā€™s not a breathable material at all really because itā€™s like a soft rubber. It doesnā€™t hold water at all like other suits do and get heavier.

Everything bounces or runs off it like a ducks back.
But itā€™s so dam light. Itā€™s 1/3 of the weight of my last one and so easy to move about in. Like wearing a tracksuit
Iā€™m not pouring with sweat under it either even though itā€™s quilted, it requires layers under it depending on the temperature outside.

1 down side. No zip on the bnb.
If you need to goā€¦ā€¦ you have to drop the front down.

Iā€™d buy another definitely because Iā€™ve not owned winter clothing anywhere near as light and flexible as this stuff and I was using it last year on frosty days for the pike.
Cheers Rich. I ask ā€˜cos they rate it as breathable and I get warm very quickly especially when walking. My much used Aldi set sweat me up like buggery! One day in particular last autumn on the Trent when I had a decent barrow push on a damp day I ended up wetter inside the B&B than outsidešŸ˜±

Cheers Rich. I ask ā€˜cos they rate it as breathable and I get warm very quickly especially when walking. My much used Aldi set sweat me up like buggery! One day in particular last autumn on the Trent when I had a decent barrow push on a damp day I ended up wetter inside the B&B than outsidešŸ˜±
I wouldnā€™t say breathable personally because nothing is getting through that material
There is no vents or anything like that so no I donā€™t say they are.
However I donā€™t swelter in them as they ainā€™t thick garments they are light and quite thin but keep you warm on top of the layers you wear underneath. Like I said mine are the winter thermal ones and they are fine to wear over a tee shirt on a cool autumn evening
Theyā€™ll be a tad too warm for summer mind. I might treat myself to the summer version this Xmas.

I wouldnā€™t say breathable personally because nothing is getting through that material
There is no vents or anything like that so no I donā€™t say they are.
However I donā€™t swelter in them as they ainā€™t thick garments they are light and quite thin but keep you warm on top of the layers you wear underneath. Like I said mine are the winter thermal ones and they are fine to wear over a tee shirt on a cool autumn evening
Theyā€™ll be a tad too warm for summer mind. I might treat myself to the summer version this Xmas.
Many thanks for your comments Rich šŸ‘

I have the same Vass bib and brace, Rich, but just awaiting my first fourteen of the season.

Very well done to you. A quite stupendous fish. Lovely!
I really rate the vass 175 stuff
So bloody light and movable for winter clothes.
At the rate your going Rich, that season 14 is not far away at allā€¦.. smashing it on the upper so far

Back