• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

home mades

Gary Wagstaff

Made some boilies on sunday i left them to air dry the wife just rang shes found them i forget to freeze them as i not at home do i tell her to freeze them or bin them
There in the house so have not got damp

Last edited:
Gaz i've left freezer baits in my bag for a couple of day's and paste, then put it back in the freezer and it's been fine.

Gary, much depends on the type of base mix you made up for them. If they don't contain milk protein (or any of your own little additives like minced raw meat/fish/prawn or the like :D).....and if they were in a coolish, dry room, spread out on a dry surface or hanging in an air drying bag, then they should be fine.

Bare in mind though that if you freeze them now, they will not be effective as long lasting air dried type baits when you thaw them out. If you want that, you would have to air dry them again for a little while at that time. Despite that, if you like your baits soft, then they may possibly need rehydrating a little before use. (Cooking water from a batch of hemp works well). You will know whether or not it needs that when you thaw a batch out for a session.

Cheers, Dave.

got home today and have sorted them out hopefully get to use them next week if nothing else goes wrong

Back