• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

HNV Boilies

Richard Dawson

Off this week and looking to venture out on a day or 3 day ticket fishing.

I usually roll my own boilies but haven't had the time so i've ordered some of those Baitworks Atlantic Heat boilies (24mm)

What other HNV boilies are in vogue at the moment? Especially for river fishing? Ideally i'd like to compare them to my own concoctions one day.

Off this week and looking to venture out on a day or 3 day ticket fishing.

I usually roll my own boilies but haven't had the time so i've ordered some of those Baitworks Atlantic Heat boilies (24mm)

What other HNV boilies are in vogue at the moment? Especially for river fishing? Ideally i'd like to compare them to my own concoctions one day.
Hi Richard, I still roll John bakers supermilk, have been using it around 4/5 years now, and although it's a great bait, it's no better than Nash scopex squid.
It's what works for you that really counts.
Good luck.
Jim

@Tim Marks usually knows 😀 What's a good HNV boillie currently that accounts for a lot of fish?

Not looking for mainstream, looking for the good stuff, niche and expensive ;)
It doesn’t have to be as expensive as some…..

I’ve used bespoke JB HNV pastes and they work well and go on working. But for me they take a few trips to establish (and John told me that would likely be what happens).

I also use over the counter frozen baits and they work straight out of the bag and they go on working too.

I haven’t tried it, but a bait that would be worth checking out is the new Handcraft tuna/squid concoction. Their other baits (Herb and Nutriplex) are well recommended.

Others to look at would include Rollin’ baits, DNA, Trent baits and Three rivers.

There are plenty of other people on here who know a bit about bait……no doubt you will get plenty of different suggestions.

Evening gents,

After many many years of not making my own bait I've decided to have a dabble again.

I used to use a lot of milk protein based baits 15 or so years ago so I've decided to have a go again.

Some of JB's supermilk turned up the other day with a couple of flavours and an additive so a batch will be being made this week and getting a run out in Sunday.

Hopefully brings some results as it's eye wateringly expensive stuff....

Thanks

Lewis

Evening gents,

After many many years of not making my own bait I've decided to have a dabble again.

I used to use a lot of milk protein based baits 15 or so years ago so I've decided to have a go again.

Some of JB's supermilk turned up the other day with a couple of flavours and an additive so a batch will be being made this week and getting a run out in Sunday.

Hopefully brings some results as it's eye wateringly expensive stuff....

Thanks

Lewis
Good luck Lewis, let's know how you get on. 👍

Back