• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hinders Flatz Pellets

I’d guess that they are similar to the old Elips large pellet, but perhaps more important, are they actually just rebadged Elips?

NO
they are a completely new pellet with less oil and much better quality ingredients they told me when I phoned and asked this morning
a Launch of the product with a video will be soon

I hope they got some barbel to taste-test them :)

I have seen these and I believe they will only be available in one size at first which are about the size of the original medium elips but are thinner.
They are of very good quality and are sure to be a hit for the barbel at least.

I messaged them if there was going to be any larger ones made & the reply was that they probably would be making larger ones when the results were in on the new ones but i was a little disappointed with the 2 sizes which they come in but as they say the larger ones can be glued together & then the smaller ones can go in the feeder.

Do they come in a mixed bag of both sizes Steve?

I guess that rather depends on what you were after/expecting. Roughly what are the diamensions?

Yes, thanks for that nugget (or should I say pellet) of wisdom, Stephen. Sometimes, the obvious needs stating. Not in this case, however.

I'd say, contrary to what others have written, that they're no more than 8mm - honestly, they're like tiny Shreddies (without the crisscross).

All one size, Stuart.

Yes, thanks for that nugget (or should I say pellet) of wisdom, Stephen. Sometimes, the obvious needs stating. Not in this case, however.

I'd say, contrary to what others have written, that they're no more than 8mm - honestly, they're like tiny Shreddies (without the crisscross).

All one size, Stuart.

Sorry if it came across as rude.

I tried these today and, yes, they're in two sizes (it does say that on the Hinders site - a detail I missed when I ordered them). I glued two of the larger size to a hair, which wasn't that easy as they're not uniformly shaped. They also break down too quickly, for me - about 20 minutes in very cold water. I prefer to leave bait in longer. Also they seem far too thin, almost lacking substance and weight. Not quick sinkers for that reason so need to be in a feeder or pva unless the current is very slow.

I'll use them as feed pellets and continue to shave a flat edge of two cylindrical pellets, as I have been since the demise of the elips.

Just my thoughts so far. :)

Also tried them today on Trent never had a touch,used them in feeder & glued 2 together then tried 4 but there an expensive feed pellet to me as there way to small for the hook bait,i finished up putting original elips pellets on hair but still no look however i did catch one barbel around 4lbs to a home made boilie on other rod.

Also tried them today on Trent never had a touch,used them in feeder & glued 2 together then tried 4 but there an expensive feed pellet to me as there way to small for the hook bait,i finished up putting original elips pellets on hair but still no look however i did catch one barbel around 4lbs to a home made boilie on other rod.

They are small...I have put three on a hair rig flat sides drilled, sort of a wafter,
the roach and bream should love 'em.:)

Back