• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hemp

I went into Tesco today and duly picked up a bottle of the Good oil myself!

I was mistaken in thinking it was with the health food stuff but I eventually found it on the shelf with the other oils.

Not sure what I was expecting but it certainly does smell of hemp :)

Used a little to shallow fry a couple of burgers for tea. Tasty stuff!

Stephen

I have some Good Oil which I bought for the high Omega3 content as my doctor tells me my "good cholestrol" levels are too low. I've never tried it for fishing, how do you guys use it? Do you glug your baits in it or pour a little into your groundbait mix? Or add it to your cooked hemp?

Been up to see my kids in Sheffield today and had to pass a big Sainsburys and thought maybe they would have some good oil unfortunately they didnt and now they dont have any Spam with garlic either as I emptied the shelf of the 14 cans on there , got some strange looks at the check out ;)

Not me. Glued them first and then bathed them in the hempy loveliness. Probably means they are not absorbing as much as they might if soaked for ages but it seems enough to give an extra kick and oily release.

Back