• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

HEADLAMPS the ultimate !

I’m still rocking the 3 led energizer. I like it cause it’s a switch to flick between red and white. No cycling though. Plus it isn’t crazy bright which I like. Wouldn’t mind one similar as it’s seen better days though
I have been through three energisers, and that is over a long number of years, in fact if you totted up the price of the lamps and batteries I recon they still wouldnt come to the price if a single top end rechargeable, on the other hand, I only
( ab)use them for river Fishing.
I have a "top end" Fenix headlight for the beaches which gives a variable strength beam that is either easy on the eye and quite muted for baiting up, or will illuminate a football field if I wanted it to, it has replaceable batteries as I dont like the idea of not being able to replace them if they should fail mid session. It must be about seven or eight years old now but is as good as the day it arrived.

The energisers are really a good buy IMO, small, lightweight , cheap, and as Jon says not crazy bright with a red light option.

Dave

I bought a Alpkit rechargable and its bright but it also switches off with no warning when flat.

I’ve just upgraded!!!
As I said in my first post I absolutely love the old petzl I have as it’s been so reliable over the years despite what has been thrown at it. It’s an obsolete design and chances of finding another are slim.
The only thing that I believe could improve the torch would be the facility to change the light colour (red or green etc)
Well as luck would have it this thread got me hunting on eBay to see what’s about and I found a right little gem.
Exactly the same torch as I have now except in more suitable fishing colour design but what’s even better is it came with a full set of interchangeable filters where as my old one the sliding filter is just clear. What an absolute result. It’s brand new, been stored for a long time. Won it on auction mega cheap too. BFF814AE-3A70-471B-9656-A816ED2786D1.jpeg5E9D802C-0516-45F3-BA7E-06CFF673FD36.jpeg2A652BAB-361E-4695-BB5D-6F97A5B73B9B.jpegED2BC16B-1B38-4B2F-AF8F-4313C4459668.jpeg

I had a NU25 bought for me for my birthday and after a few sessions I can say that it's a brilliant little head touch! Thanks for the recommendation.

Cheers,

Andy
Oh so glad you like it Andy big smile I really cant think of any other lamp that comes close to it

I also have a Fenix HL60R like Jon has. Best head torch I have ever owned. Rechargeable, waterproof, shockproof and lightweight.

Got to say I bought a cheap Ebay Chinese rechargeable headtorch a few years back. Hasn't let me down, doesn't need batteries, has quite enough light for my needs and charges up fully in the car in around 30 mins.
Easy switch from red to white light, reliable and cost less than a tenner.
Makes a change from exchanging my Coleman at Go Outdoors every time it got wet. Think I'm on my fourth one now.

The one above I mentioned has a hand wave function.
You just flash your hand across to switch off/on. Saves feeling for a button when the rod goes around

Last edited:
For those of you who prefer to buy British, take a look at Clulite. They are well thought of in the shooting world and are reasonably priced as well.

Still cheap energizers for me have a selection, plus a Colman [all have the dim red light setting] and another brighter light, has a wide beam to spotlight adjustment from go outdoors that was cheap in a sale , usually suspend from rod rest on a butchers hook and only use only if necessary, used to use rechargeable batteries, but now mainly cheap £1.00 packets from TOFS. All have coped with everything thrown at them coarse and sea fishing wise.

Back