• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Haven News

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf of Richard Godsall, the chap that runs the Haven. Richard has supported BFW for many years and has even donated the fishery to us for fish-ins in the past.

THE HAVEN FISHERY
(Richard Godsall)

Moorcroft Cottage
Stretton Grandison, Ledbury
Herefordshire, HR8 2TP

Tel: 07966885562
E-Mail: Havenfishery@aol.com
The Haven Fishery

News Update on the Haven & Knightwick Fisheries​

Hi Everyone

Owing to the cost of postage / ink/envelopes & time etc etc… I am afraid it is just not possible to write to each of you personally so I thought I would email those for whom I have an email address for and apologize for those people who I fail to get through to.

I am running both fisheries again this coming season and pray that we don’t have a dry time like last season but things are looking OK at the moment.
Even though the fishing was quite testing at times , most people still managed to catch something. The pleasing part is that the quantity of fish are still there, as at one time I was little bit concerned myself but throughout both fisheries during the season I did witness plenty of fish. A wide variety of fish were caught , surprisingly more doubles than usual , good sized Chubb, brown trout and 2 very large Pike!

For those who are interested in coming , it is the same rates as last year £53.00/day for exclusive use for 4 rods . I can take more people on the odd occasion but prefer to keep it to the 4 rods. The swims will all be cut out as per usual but will all now have ropes and steps where needed and a path to walk up .

For those of you who are on your own - I will do the odd day ticket on the Knightwick fishery so long as it is not exclusively booked— you can get tickets from Annie Clift the Talbot Pub (01886 821235) which is just across the road from the Fishery
Camping is allowed on both fisheries with a fee of a bottle of Gin which is shared with the farmer— just as a gesture to say thank you.

There are some days left at the moment but they are getting less quite quickly.

Hope you are all well and hope to see you again at some stage

Tight lines & kind regards

Richard Godsall

Back