• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Have you noticed ?

Paul Boyle

Hello all

Have you noticed the vast improvement to the site since Andy F changed over ?.
There must have been a curtain amount of risk involved to .

Well done :)

Thanks

paul

Its top notch, it also seems to run quicker now on my pc:)

certainly a difference the posting and the attitude of some, heres a toast to
turning the clock back in time:)....j.w

Agree with John, it's top notch, much like the old BFW when you could have a disscussion without some nonce turning it into a slagging match.
The only thing i miss a little bit is the lack of emocations like the rolling' and laughing, small price to pay though for what we have now.

Well done Andy, and the Team, hope it goes from strength to strength, i think it will, if you get any nasty little critters creeping under the door, stamp on them quick before they get chance to breed !

Regards
Ian.

Looks like all the hard work that has so obviously gone into both the old and now the new BFW has been well worth it, thanks to Andy and the team from me.:D
We all have a fantastic chance now, to make this site into the site we want... lets not blow it !

One of the nicest things for me is that since the move from Yuku I can now access the site at work.:D

The site is alot better now,but then again it's down to us as posters to keep it this way,there is nothing wrong with a heathly debate,but as we all know things often got out of hand because of a few small minded people..so well done the bfw team on making a stand..long may it continue..

Luke

Yes, I concur with all the above. And, to cap it all, it works with Google Chrome - no need to put all the html tags in manually.

The river forums also look a lot friendlier too.

It is good to be involved with a forum where real people talk to each other in a manner they would talk face to face, much more comfortable, and there i an attach file function, not had chance to use it yet but i'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

I reckon Andy and the team deserve a big thank you for all their hard work making the transition.
The new site seems so much friendlier and good to see some former posters back on here.
Onwards and upwards. :)

Yes at the moment all is nice and friendly and its nice to see, everyone so civil as it should be.......Cant help wondering and watching for someone to kick off as they did in the bad old days, just hope that i am wrong:)

John, Don't think anyone will kick off now, its a much friendlier site, ok healthy and strong debate is always good and i'm sure will always be encoraged, But the simple fact that people cant hide behind a ficticious name makes a huge difference :)

The site is alot better now,but then again it's down to us as posters to keep it this way,there is nothing wrong with a heathly debate,but as we all know things often got out of hand because of a few small minded people..so well done the bfw team on making a stand..long may it continue..

Luke

Agreed, BFW has only ever been as good as the people who post.

As regards the burden of work regards the change look no further than Andy F ably assisted by Paul. The rest of us have been reading emails really :D

Oh and in my case messing up the forums when playing with RSS feeds, sorry about that :eek:

The change was needed for many reasons. To my mind it was far more important having BFW completely under our control rather than rely on services such as Yuku. This gives us huge possibilities going forward and platform stability.

I hope that BFW not only carries on to where we were but surpasses it.

Should that happen, while a huge part will be down to Clan Francis, each and every one of you that post your thoughts and questions will bring us a step closer every day.

Back