• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Have you ever forgotten ..........

Paul Whiteing

Administrator
Staff member
Arrived for an evening session and bu##er, no seat. Have forgotten rods, bait, landing net over the years but never a seat.

Making do with an upturned Sainsburys box, but not sure how long I'll last with my back.

20181129_161203.jpg

Was it because I had to shift van, take car to pick up g'daughter from school, move van back, start to pack van, chat to builder over the road about fishing, finish packing.

OR just a senior moment? :rolleyes:

Paul
One of these and a pump won't take up much room in your bag;)

Attachments

• 81gT6U+vHyL._SL1500_.jpg
    81gT6U+vHyL._SL1500_.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 215
Forgot the seat a few times... the mat has always been comfy though.

Spent an hour driving down the Kennet about 10 years ago to find no rods in the van on arrival,fed my swims and came home. A few months later i went to the Bath road section of the Colne on a mid Febuary warm wet evening without a chair.Three lowers of the bait and 3 doubles in less than an hour standing like a Heron,,packed up and came home,i should do it more often.

Forgot my wellies when I went fishing one snowy January night after work. Managed with a pair of trainers

Drove an hour and a half in the dark to be at Blenheim Palace for first knockings to fish off a punt on my own for tench. Opened the car and realized I’d somehow left my reels at home. A very expensive day for nothing

Whilst its not freshwater fishing, it is er, pertinent.......a group of us once had a few days on Loch Etive, Wellies were a must as we had to wade out to the hire boats, we were getting ready on the first morning when one chap was sounding out the benefits of his Le Chamou ( not sure of the spelling ) Wellies, they looked very nice .He had bought pairs for both his wife and himself, he sat on the tailgate of his 4 wd, and discovered he had packed his right foot wellie, and his wifes left foot wellie, he was size ten, she was size six.

David

Forgot my landing net head once on a flooded Severn, found a swim where the grass sloped gentlyto the water's edge and managed 2 8lb'ers by 'beaching' them on to the grass!

I once forgot to put 3 pints of maggots in a tub in the car before driving 70 miles to the Kennet.
Just as well they were still sitting on the roof when I got there

I once forgot to put 3 pints of maggots in a tub in the car before driving 70 miles to the Kennet.
Just as well they were still sitting on the roof when I got there

I once drove the 95 Miles from Spurn Point home, along the M62 and Country lanes, when I got home I saw that I had left my glasses on the roof of the car, they had somehow got hooked around the roof bars, they were a pair of Porche reading glasses and had been a present, £350 quidsworth.

I never told SWMBO, the next week I lost them in Skipton. :( No idea where or how.

David

Back