• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Harrison Multi-Range

Joe Winstanley

Senior Member & Supporter
Harrison Multi-Range 12ft.

I bought this rod about 7 years ago after discovering it covered in dust at the back of the rack in Barlow's of Bond Street in Macclesfield. I paid £50 for it.

Used it a couple times for stalking carp but then the ugly duplon handle it was fitted with got remorselessly savaged by a pack of rampaging mice after I left it in my mum's garage.

I've subsequently had Dave Lumb fit a full cork handle and Fuji screw-up reel seat, Fuji rubber but cap plus a keeper ring - it looks so much better.

8 rings plus tip, the rings are an old school (Seymo?) double leg type - I think the inners are probably hardloy.Whipped in dark green. 25mm Butt to 8mm tip.

I'm reliably informed that the Multi-range blank now goes under the label of Multi-carp. No test curve stated on the rod, I'd but it somewhere between 1.75 - 2lb.

I can't really justify keeping it as I don't really have a use for at the moment.

£65 ono posted.

Let me know if you would like pics emailing.

Back