• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gt Ouse gold

Jamie Warren

New pb for me, there still in there 😎

Attachments

• 1F1E72CC-23A0-4563-B888-FF1459BBE165.jpeg
    1F1E72CC-23A0-4563-B888-FF1459BBE165.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 622
  • DC78BDED-4F0B-45A0-8BE1-6D16F0475585.jpeg
    DC78BDED-4F0B-45A0-8BE1-6D16F0475585.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 638
There’s been a few big barbel from the Ouse this season... people find out.... it’s like the 20 that came out of the “middle Trent “a few weeks ago... I could tell you exactly where that came from

Last edited:
I'll rephrase that.... there are still some in there. ;) I see that one escaped the jaws of Mr Otter.
Very well done with that capture Jamie! Have you had many chub this season yet?
Yes!! 7 between 2-5 lb. I had 5 on the opening day, I had one on a cheeky morning session, and one when I caught that fish. I’ve only fished 3 times!!
Why? It could be anywhere on the Ouse, Milton Keynes to Godmanchester.
it was indeed from between these 2 😂

I would have thought it's a good idea to show any positive aspects of the Gt Ouse, given all the recent (over years) negative publicity. I've never fished it, nor am I likely to, however I try to follow any snippets of info because or the river's rich history. It's been sad to read of its decline so, conversely, it's good to see a few fish coming out.

Publicity is the downfall only if the location of the capture is revealed , then it messes things up big style for everyone .In that sense Jamie has hardly given the game away though , well done that man !
I’ve walked many many miles of this river in various places, spoke to loads of anglers/people, in pubs, cafes all sorts of places. It would be a shame to give up all that hard work. It’s a beautiful river, and it’s decline in popularity makes it even more of a challenge. If no one fishes it, then information is sparse, so it’s back to basics, leg work, and and the fish 👀 👍

Congratulations on your new PB :cool: and for not giving away the location.

I know that fish, it was very friendly for me a few seasons ago.

The stretch is and probably always has been very very busy but just not with dedicated barbel anglers- more your general pleasure fishers/Townies/EEs.

Seems someones let the cat out of the bag this year though as barbel anglers are turning up on mass and that fish has already been out 6 times and that is just captures that I know about!

Last edited:
I’ve walked many many miles of this river in various places, spoke to loads of anglers/people, in pubs, cafes all sorts of places. It would be a shame to give up all that hard work. It’s a beautiful river, and it’s decline in popularity makes it even more of a challenge. If no one fishes it, then information is sparse, so it’s back to basics, leg work, and and the fish 👀 👍
Never mind the location of the fish, more interested in where you found a pub open!!:D
Seriously though, well done, cracking fish.

Congratulations on your new PB :cool: and for not giving away the location.

I know that fish, it was very friendly for me a few seasons ago.

The stretch is and probably always has been very very busy but just not with dedicated barbel anglers- more your general pleasure fishers/Townies/EEs.

Seems someones let the cat out of the bag this year though as barbel anglers are turning up on mass and that fish has already been out 6 times and that is just captures that I know about!
I don’t think there was any need for a description or a history lesson, I never said anything about location other than the great Ouse, if your that savvy you would of just congratulated and kept stum

I don’t think there was any need for a description or a history lesson, I never said anything about location other than the great Ouse, if your that savvy you would of just congratulated and kept stum

Sorry mate , I was just adding context to the thread whereby people were saying you were going to regret making it public and I thought Id add a bit of context by adding that it is already very busy and therefore nothing to worry about.

She is an excellent barbel with beautiful 2 tone colouration, so again, well done on your PB. ✌ 🐿

Back