• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Greys Prodigy TX 11ft Specimen 1.0lb

Darryl Davis

I have been after a second TFG X1 River and Stream (11' 1lb 2oz TC) and failing, so I have looked again at 11' 1lb TC rods (nominally for Perch) and these seem to fit the bill. Any one used them or got some alternative to recommend?

Chris, I looked at the CT site and could not see if 11' or 12'. I want 11'

Darryl. i know there not everyones cup of tea. But i,ve got 3 various Greys rods, and i love them to bits. Never let me down, superb to use, and do everything they say on the tin. :)

I have been after a second TFG X1 River and Stream (11' 1lb 2oz TC) and failing, so I have looked again at 11' 1lb TC rods (nominally for Perch) and these seem to fit the bill. Any one used them or got some alternative to recommend?

Darryl, i bought one a few months ago for the very same use (Perching), i sent it straight back mate, the top 3rd is nice and light granted, but from then on down its like a bloody broom handle ! Its a decent multi purpose rod and would easily cope with big Tench etc but as a nice light Perch rod that 1lb t.c. is VERY misleading.

I finally settled on a couple of Fox Pellet waggler rods which are just the job but now discontinued.

Very difficult to find a perfect perch rod; i bought two 11/13ft rovex wilson 1.25lb avon/quivers and they are far too heavy. The closest ive got to the right type of rod is also a couple of 11ft pellet waggler rods (browning syntec).

Paul

I did the same as you Simon. Got a maver pellet waggler rod. Perfect.

G

Not a bad shout Graham. I once used my son's Garbolino Rocket Carp Waggler on a perching session at Barton Court. It passed the test with flying colours and was a joy to use. The only real issue was that it was the 10' version which was a little on the short size for the swim I was fishing. The good things with these rods (apart from the price!) is that they are available in 10', 11', 12' and 13' sizes. In fact when I'm a bit more flush I'll probably buy a 13' one for myself.

My own perching rod is a Fox Duo-lite Avon. I love this rod to bits. 1lb tc solid top and 3/4lb quiver. The quiver has had a little more use but I have had good success with both tips and have only lost one fish to a hook pull if memory serves. Not sure if they're still available. Picked up an end of line bargain from Climax.

Back