• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

GREYS 12FT TXL BARBEL-ADVICE ON SECTION LENGTHS PLEASE

Tim Speller

Hi

Having retired and about to change everything I have in prep for Barbel and Chub Fishing over the next few years ( Bored to bits with the Carp world now) I have search the internet all day!, and decided to buy a Greys 12ft 3 piece as above at 1.75lb...Can anyone help please by informing me of the following below......as No-where what so ever is there any spec on the Rod section lengths...even on the greys site...and every photo is small, blurred and close up.

1. How Long is each section and the the Main Butt Section specifically?
2. Does the rod come with a Standard Tip section PLUS the 3 quivers
3. Would you guys as experienced Barbel Anglers, buy this?....OR is there a 3 piece of similar or equal lengths which is just as good or a better option to look at?

Thank you in advance
Tim

Hi Tim, im a big fan of Greys rods, ive owned and still got quite a few, they are my go to rods. ALL of them have sections of equal length, so if its a 3 piece 12ft, id guess it would be 3 equal sections of 4ft long.

The rod your asking about, is out of stock on this site, but it does give you the spec and some pictures.

Regards
Derek

Hi Tim, looking at the pics, it looks like a 3 section rod, not a 3 piece. A 3 piece would be 3 sections of 4ft. But this looks like a butt section of 6ft, an avon top section of 6ft, a quiver section of about 4ft with 3 2ft quivers. Hope that makes sense.

Regards
Derek

Hi

Thank you for your reply, and I agree ....I was just unsure if the Butt section was 6' with a 4' mid section and tips were 2ft... I can't find any information on any website on the planet...What's your own TX / TXL measure before I buy please, as I would prefer 3 x 4ft sections or similar...

Cheers

Back