• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Great penultimate day

Paul Bullinger

Senior Member & Supporter
Me and 2 mates decided to make the long slog from East Anglia to the River Wye for the last 3 days of the season. Having caught loads of chub on our first half day we decided to target the barbel on the Middle Wye on Wednesday. Great decision for me! Fishing a "unfancied" peg I started with a 3lb barbel, then 6lb, followed by a 9lb 6oz and finally a 11lb 8oz lump.
A big "shout out" to Nigel and Tony at Vortex Baits as I can only think it was their pellets that made the difference as only 1 other barbel was caught along the same stretch.

20240313_170242.jpg

Me and 2 mates decided to make the long slog from East Anglia to the River Wye for the last 3 days of the season. Having caught loads of chub on our first half day we decided to target the barbel on the Middle Wye on Wednesday. Great decision for me! Fishing a "unfancied" peg I started with a 3lb barbel, then 6lb, followed by a 9lb 6oz and finally a 11lb 8oz lump.
A big "shout out" to Nigel and Tony at Vortex Baits as I can only think it was their pellets that made the difference as only 1 other barbel was caught along the same stretch.

View attachment 28976
Well done Paul! Have you tried their Frankfurter and Red Salmon boosted pellets?

Well done Paul! Have you tried their Frankfurter and Red Salmon boosted pellets?
No Mark I haven't. Tbh it was a last minute order and so glad I used them. Will now look at their range of baits and see what to try next. Do you recommend the the Frankfurter and Red Salmon??

Back