• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Got a spare £12,500

I pay a dam sight less for my fishing rights.
£12.5k is a lot of brass for the privilege of guaranteeing the swims for yourself.
cant see 200 yards of bank benefiting a club much either. A lot of extra tickets need selling to buy that back.
if it was mine I’d look at sticking it in a fishing holiday home package rather than trying to flog it. “Holiday home for the week with fishing available on a private section of the Stour”

I have a friend who is looking for a privale stretch of river to purchase, he made some enquiries about this, it isnt "private" at all, in as much as everybody and his dog can walk anywhere along the stretch, it is classed as a council owned "nature reserve" and as such attracts quite a lot of footfall, ideal if you want to fish in amongst dog walkers , parties of school kids, etc etc. Keeping the above away from the fishing and bankside would be quite a feat in itself, the description is somewhat "economic " in detail .

It has been on the market for quite some time apparently, lots of interest until the above comes to light.

David

I have a friend who is looking for a privale stretch of river to purchase, he made some enquiries about this, it isnt "private" at all, in as much as everybody and his dog can walk anywhere along the stretch, it is classed as a council owned "nature reserve" and as such attracts quite a lot of footfall, ideal if you want to fish in amongst dog walkers , parties of school kids, etc etc. Keeping the above away from the fishing and bankside would be quite a feat in itself, the description is somewhat "economic " in detail .

It has been on the market for quite some time apparently, lots of interest until the above comes to light.

David
I took one look on google earth and realised that, pretty misleading.

Back