• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good luck for the 2018/19 season

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I just wanted to say good luck to all members and visitors of Barbel Fishing World for the 2018/19 season. We've made it through the closed season relatively unscathed and look forward to hearing the reports of many quality fishing hours and super barbel on the bank.

Good luck all, especially if you're out for the glorious 16th!

Andy F

Early start tomorrow and fingers crossed for a non blanker. Lots of walking and feeding to do over the next few weeks, oh and a house move.

Hi men,

Iv joined a small syndicate on the Ouse , wont get out for a while on it , but its there to be fished . No barbel , so will be drowning a few lobs for the perch .

Have a good season all those out chasing barbel !

Hatter

Yes, good luck all. I may get around to thinking about it later in the week, or perhaps not with the temperatures forecast.

Wishing everyone a great season and all your wishes being fulfilled.

I lost my groove last August after a great start with five 9lb+ and numerous smaller ones from the Wye. I struggled to get one fish to go back and that was it, vowed not to fish for them again until it cooled down and somehow never really started back up. Only fished for them twice between August and March.
One total disaster of a day in November and a non-eventful closing day ( though I did lose one last knockings with 8 foot of snowmelt floodwater on after a biteless day - what was I thinking? ).

First trip isn't until Tuesday thanks to work and I'll probably spend more time on the 'pin trotting for whatever comes along than watching the tips, but can't wait to get back on the barbel as the light fades and the canoeists go wherever it is they go ( Siberia would be nice ).

Have a fantastic season all, and especially my fellow Wye anglers!

lazy summer days and waiting for the witching hour is upon us again Andy, 72 years old but I still have that boyhood excitement of going fishing when I can, big,small I don't care as long as its fishing and enjoying the riverside. good luck all:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Back