• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good landing net and block for roving

Conrad Farlow

I normally use large spoon nets for my barbel fishing but they are unwieldy for roving. I want something that I can fit in a side pocket on my quiver. Any recommendations? Going a roving tomorrow so will be getting one this afternoon. I have Bennett's of Sheffield, Billy Clarke's and Climax within reach in my lunch hour.

Conrad

PS I am skint so it must be cheap(ish).

What Bob said , my ABU-G 36" still strong after three seasons

My mate Johnny is going to pick me one up this afternoon. He suggested the same one, so if 3 such fine fellows recommend the same net then I would be silly not to buy one.

Thanks lads.

Conrad

Conrad, i use two of the 42" abu's for carping and piking and they have never let me down, good nets at a sensible price.

Strange - I got one of those ABU's after it was praised on the old incarnation of BFW, one of the arms snapped after one season's use. :(
I now have one of the Middy Barbel nets, still going strong after 3 years of abuse! :cool:

Strange - I got one of those ABU's after it was praised on the old incarnation of BFW, one of the arms snapped after one season's use. :(
The early version had weak arms, fixed within six months of release (many summers ago). ABU replaced any failed nets at Outlet - not failed since.

Have you tried his bank sticks Pip?

I have a friend who uses CB products and from what i have seen of them you will be very hard pushed to buy better.

His landing net is the b******cks.

i have seen them at the tenchfishers agm tom
and must agree tom they are top notch
hoping to get one at the next tenchfishers do in march

correct tom, if you want to come along i,ll see if i can guest you
no probs, paul will prob do his stall

Guest me.................. ark at you:D:D:D

Let me know mate, i may well come along

no strain mate
the date is the 27th march 10.30 start
the venue is in northampton, let you know where if interested

Back