• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Good cheese/ blue cheese liquid flavour advice please

Julian Marshall

Can anyone advise on a decent quality flavour please? I'm totally out of date with manufacturers & see some stuff for sale on Ebay but have no idea if it's useful or not. I did use Hutchinson stuff years ago but can't see it with the cheese flavour at the monemt.
It's more for winter chub paste than anything else. Thanks if you can recommend something.

I have not used it myself but I know someone catching some good Thames Chub on it

Hinders the big cheese 🤔

PVA Products do a wide range of glugs and dips. I use their spicy sausage for flavouring and colouring meat and rate it. Not tried their cheese flavour yet.

Ones I have used and caught with -
Richworth Blue Cheese was always a good bet - unfortunately very hard to find these days. Got a couple of bottles somewhere.
Nutrabaits Cheese Elite - think the same as above applies.
Supermarket cheese powders.
Blue Cheese Powder.

John Baker Cheese - smells good and only a small dose required.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Bob

Thanks very much for all the tips - I do remember the Richworth one but can't find any. I'd forgotten John Baker stuff - he must have been going for as long as any of the bait makers. I'll probably give some that a try. The idea is to have plenty of smell without too much fat so it's not rock hard in the cold.

Hi men ,

Sonubaits hemp/cheesy garlic ?

Hatter
Yeah that stuff is excellent for chub. I use it in my winter cheese pastes and it don’t half pack a punch. Chub absolutely love it.
2077E160-7D66-4638-A0A8-823D85969C34.jpeg

Can anyone advise on a decent quality flavour please? I'm totally out of date with manufacturers & see some stuff for sale on Ebay but have no idea if it's useful or not. I did use Hutchinson stuff years ago but can't see it with the cheese flavour at the monemt.
It's more for winter chub paste than anything else. Thanks if you can recommend something.

I do a lot of Chub fishing now days I say it's my favourite kind of fishing. I've been using hookbait company Big cheeses and have done well on it last few seasons Also they make some ready mixed cheese paste if you a bit unsure about making paste.

I've just got some of the John Baker flavour & I'm sure a little will go a long way!
Yeah a very very long way.
His flavours are extremely concentrated.
A single drop does a good sized batch of paste just fine.
It’s a good job really as at £17 a bottle you certainly don’t want to be chucking it in

Back