• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Go Outdoors Fishing Sale

• Thread starter Glenn Cunningham
  • Start date
G

Glenn Cunningham

Go Outdoors have a fishing sale starting tomos, 6th Jan

50% off the RRP on everything in the fishing section

They do stock some good clothing and bit & pieces

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/

Cheers for the info, might pop down, i could do with a bankstick and new net

Its just the fishing section, I phoned the Stockport store, they said 50% off the RRP in everying in the fishing section.

Its only on for 1 day and tomos (7th) is 50% off everything in the bikes section

I suspect that they've been a little crafty. I checked the fishing section last night to see if there was anything interesting that might be worth splashing out on at half price. There wasn't a great deal that floated my boat but I did wonder if a new Shimano Stradic might not be worth a punt at just over fifty quid. Checked again this morning and there's not a sign of the Stradic. Looks like the good stuff might have been pulled rather than sell it off.

It's a pretty cleverly worded campaign. The stuff they sell is already priced lower than the RRP and then with a £4 a year membership card you get more off the price, however the 50% discount only applies to the RRP and not the price they are actually selling the stuff for. So in theory you dont save much at all as the price on the shelf less the discount from using a membership card is already quite a bit less than the RRP. That's my take on it anyway!

Sam

I've just got back from Go Outdoors and worked out my bill. I make it 40% less than the RRP with my members card. I don't know where the other 10% got gobbled up.

I have been today, plenty of anglers looking and not much in the way of reels left. Bought a Middy IQ 30 12' Barbel twin tip, 36" landing net, a couple of extendable banksticks and 2kg of uncooked hemp for £62.

Never heard of the rod, felt nice but it will be interesting to see how it performs.

been down after work 6 packs korda kurv shank 12s £12.00 spent £48.00 all together on end tackle and a new wynchwood medium tackle back jrc padded small box to protect my camera and scales

i went this morning, i got myself a nice fly fishing kit, some boots and a couple of hats, the store in stockport was getting emptied when i nipped in on the way to work at 9.15,some very happy anglers leaving with there trolleys filled to the brim, nipped back at 4 on my break and the place had been emptied, was gonna stock up on pellets only 2bags of 14mm left, still managed to get lots of cheap hemp and cleared them out of boilies
cheers
jerry

did you buy 'the one boilies'
i must say, they smell rank, even stinking out the freezer..:D

no not the one boilies, never tried them to be honest, another brand they do, at £4 a bag instead of the usual £9.50 from my local tackle shop they were a steal, 12 bags in all, will last me a while anyway, couldnt believe they were still there when i went back at the end of the day, nearly all the other bait had gone.
cheers
jerry

Couldn't resist buying a few consumables yesterday, boilies, pva etc sp popped down at 9 only to find a loads of people queuing. Most seemed to be buying up rods and bivvies, so i manged to get lots of source and 'the one' (never tried them) boilies for the summer's river carping.
Saved a few quid on things i know i'll use in the coming year

Double check your receipts, 2 packs of boiles I bought only had 11% taken off. The shop will refund the difference, so check to be sure.

Back