• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

glugging baits?

Tony Worrall

hi im thinking of glugging some baits for the new river season,pellets boilies ,meats ect,, would appreciate any tips on what products to use, and what sucsess youve had ,,cheers tony

Hi tony i put a handfull of boilies in a glug tub put a couple of holes in the boilies wiv a baiting needle then they can soak in all the flavour job done mate.

When adding liquids to hookbaits i tend to only use a small amount - add a few mls of liquid to a glug pot, drop the hookbaits in and give it a shake to coat the baits evenly ( just enough liquid to coat the baits ). I'll then leave them in the pot to soak in the liquid coating. I think you can definately over do it with liquid attractors and i would avoid the flavour concentrates used in boilie making - far to strong for glugging. In the summer/autumn months i would go for something fishy - choose anything with crab, salmon or halibut in the title and you won't go far wrong - plenty of companies out there do bait dips/liquid attractors. You'll need to experiment with your chosen bait/liquid as some will cause the bait to go rock hard, others will go very soft - why this is i don't really know, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can advise on this.

Back