• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

garlic spam

Wayne Glossop

I appreciate theres a thread on this already but i cant use the search facility on my phone, but thought it was worth letting you know sainsburys have got garlic spam back in if anyone is running low ;)
Regards

dont think best before date really matters,just enhances the smell a bit,opened a tin on wednesday with 2009 printed on it,still caught on it:p atb stew:)

Give strawberry flavoured meat a go, has been deadly in the past for me at this time of year.

I caught my first ever barbel on strawberry flavoured luncheon meat and for good measure it was also dyed red, no idea why but I'm sure it seemed like a good idea.

It was a fish of 7-08 from the R Colne and was caught mid afternoon with the temperature in the mid 80s.

2 things to remember , sell by date for bait means nothing its based on human consumption and even then tinned stuff dont need it , secondly the start of this season is like no other for years in that most rivers have been carrying extra coloured water so big smelly baits are working where 12 months ago during daylight it was hemp/maggot and caster , plus posted last weekend that cleared Sainsburys just outside Sheffield of their last 15 tins of garlic spam , even if rivers clear it will still in shed til the next high coloured water , not that right now it matters a jot to me as down in Newquay enjoying my annual break at my favourite B and B and of course the local Cornish Rattler cider :)

Back