• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gardner scud

Hi Stephen , I'm using the fox horizon and was looking to get a Fox Ranger for extra stability but at £200+ it put me off ( and mrs frowned a bit lol ) , how do these compare and behave ? also read description on ebay and get the impression you get the long banksticks as well as the 4 short ones , if you do have they got screw points ?

Cheers Bob

Paul - i had a look at the Scud pod and didn't rate it much. It lacks the adjustment of other pods. Shame really as i think they could do better. The Scud block, on the other hand, is a great idea for the roving angler who might occasionally fish a swim that requires a pod. If you're looking for a full time tri-pod i think the Korum one is about as good as they get.

The Korum one is ok but be reminded not to over tighten the screws (they will break) and they are quite flexible and will collapse if not fully rooted into the ground. If your going to use a tripod set up for a big river and fish predominantly with it you may want to save up and buy a decent one the Korum one is ok for infrequent use.

Hi Stephen , I'm using the fox horizon and was looking to get a Fox Ranger for extra stability but at £200+ it put me off ( and mrs frowned a bit lol ) , how do these compare and behave ? also read description on ebay and get the impression you get the long banksticks as well as the 4 short ones , if you do have they got screw points ?

Cheers Bob

How much more stable will the fox ranger be i have tried tipping my horizon over when its anchored down fair enough it wobbles to a degree but nothing to worry about .

My main gripe with the horizon is the pivot point for spreading the legs the teeth have gone on both of them , got conversion for back so just one point on that , front have used cardboard for front but if I needed to use it in stand pod mode it wont do it

Back