• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Further E Bay madness

Richard Lomas

Have just seen a Fox Kevlar Barbel multi tip on E Bay for £197!!

I remember having one of these rods for about a month,it was a dreadful thing with a heavy blank and awful reel seat.

Can't for the life of me see why anyone would give more for this than a custom built Harrison rod.

Because Richard they've been talked up on internet sites same as Japanese Stradics, 3500B's, Powermesh Barbel rods ETC, it then becomes a given that they are the rods /reels everyone should aspire to /covet and off they go onto Ebay and lose all sense of reality :D

Last edited:
Sold a Kevlar for £235 the other year! Nice rod I thought well good looking at least.

E bay madness

I must admit buying rods in particular unseen is a recipe for disaster on the whole.

I bought a Daiwa Powermesh X barbel twin tip which appears very popular and really did not like it(very through action)

I have a cople of Porky Pig heavy feeders on the other hand which I think have a much better action but do not appear to be bigged up to the same degree.

Rods choice is undoubtedly very much a personal one.

Back