• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

French Trip hopefully in October.

The Lot might provide that size of carp but 10lb barbel will be difficult. Three years fishing and my best carp just under twenty and biggest barbel just shy of nine. Mind you, my fishing buddy did have the 34lb carp I was really targeting when he joined me after hearing of my carp "success"!!!!!

October I reckon Cajarc on the Lot might just do it for either species, but a long shot on a holiday! You need the river to have just the right flow, who knows if it will be a dry Autumn or topped up with thunderstorms? A day or two can completely change this river!

I am waiting to see how the winter floods have changed my usual swims. Getting a few barbel now, but topping around 5lbs. Not seen a carp so far this year. Hopefully the river will start warming now and they will appear. 👍

Hi men ,

I'm hopefully out there in September , and will have a day at least on a river , but using carp gear with the chance of a barbel snaffling the bait 😉

Hatter

Back