• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free spirit hi s power float- any feedback?

Dave Aylett

Looking for any feedback on the free spirit hi s power float 13'

If there's any users out there, I'm particularly looking to hear if it's up to the task of handling big barbel .

Many thx dave

I have this rod and think its a great piece of kit. I was drawn to it initially because it's a 2 piece rod and it's very light. I can't boast any sizeable barbel catches on it, although that's more to do with my trotting abilities than the rod. However, I have caught double figure carp on it without any drama.

I recently decided to take the plunge and buy a trotting rod beefier than my Normark Titan, and after much scrolling on the net decided on a Normark Avenger original which I picked up for £94 posted, in mint condition. It arrives in a few days. The price of old Normark rods has dropped a lot over the last couple of years, and they are top quality pieces of kit.

Nick C

I bought one and snapped it in the door of my car on its first outing to the bank, I cant bring myself to look in the rod bag. I can offer no feedback other than perhaps if i'd bought a 3 piece it would have been short in its sections, so wouldn't of got bust.

Back