• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free spirit e class 10ft bank creeper

Chris Thomson

Hi, just to say that ive been using this little gem this season and found it ideal for my barbelling.It has a tc of 2.5lb but it feels lighter than that, handles biggish leads and pva bags easily and doesnt feel overgunned for a rod of that tc.I couple it with a daiwa ss2600 and for all my close in work its spot on, it has enough power to get fish through the weed but is very forgiving with a fish under the rod top, a steal at £109, thought if anyones looking for a short rod with a little power but a not a poker look no further

Yeah there nice little rods Chris. I brought a Harrison 10ft 1.75lb stalker rod off Ian tucker a couple of weeks ago and it's a peach of a rod. top class build from Ian once again

I quite like a 10ft rod now, i was wary due to the scare stories of kiting fish and bankside vegatation causing problems but these have proved unfounded and the extra power in the 2.5tc has enabled me to play the fish a bit harder and get the fish in front of me that little bit sooner and then im in control sort of!

As most of my barbel fishing is done at a range of less than 30 yards and sometimes in tight swims with overhanging trees I have also gone down to a 10' rod this season.I bought one of these- Korum Carp 10ft Rod - Korum, Fishing Made Easy.

It's actually a light carp rod with a 2.5lb test curve but suits me fine.It has a progressive action and just enough give to deal with lunges from big barbel(and carp) at the net.It will also cast a heavy feeder 50-60 yards if necessary but I rarely use it like that.

The rod is a steal at around £40 delivered and as good as rods at 3 times the price.

Back