• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free (caveats) Wychwood single tip barbel rods 1.5lb, 1.75lb

Darren George

Free to the right home:

2 x 12’ 1.5lb Wychwood single tip barbel rods
2 x 12’ 1.75lb Wychwood specimen barbel rods

These rods, particularly the 1.5s, must account for 98% of the fishing I did since the 2000’s. They are a bit grubby but these rods were never tarty. These are Chuck Norris rods. Still got plenty of life left in them.

If you are, or know someone that is, deserving of one or two of these rods, drop me a message to arrange to collect them.

By deserving I mean someone who would use and abuse them but would otherwise not get the opportunity to buy some rods. I’ll leave that up to you to interpret, and I don’t need to know the details.

Also please don’t sell them on.

If it seems like I’m being precious over some used budget rods, it’s because they hold sentimental value, but they might as well get used instead of providing sanctuary to spiders in my garage. Please respect this.

Free to the right home:

2 x 12’ 1.5lb Wychwood single tip barbel rods
2 x 12’ 1.75lb Wychwood specimen barbel rods

These rods, particularly the 1.5s, must account for 98% of the fishing I did since the 2000’s. They are a bit grubby but these rods were never tarty. These are Chuck Norris rods. Still got plenty of life left in them.

If you are, or know someone that is, deserving of one or two of these rods, drop me a message to arrange to collect them.

By deserving I mean someone who would use and abuse them but would otherwise not get the opportunity to buy some rods. I’ll leave that up to you to interpret, and I don’t need to know the details.

Also please don’t sell them on.

If it seems like I’m being precious over some used budget rods, it’s because they hold sentimental value, but they might as well get used instead of providing sanctuary to spiders in my garage. Please respect this.
Amazing gesture
Hope they find a good home
I send my unused tackle to the guys at
first cast who distribute it to young anglers
Hope Karma rewards you handsomely Darren

Top man Darren, I hope you bust your PB this coming season

These rods are terrific barbel rods... Hats off to you a Darren.

There is an organisation in West Yorks that does similar, its run I believe by a Police officer who sources gear and runs "teach ins" and days on the bank for kids who would otherwise probably fall into lives of crime or disorder , or maybe are even on the cusp of similar..I sent them some gear some time ago, a worthy cause... Oh, and top marks to Darren for his generosity .

David

I stepped out of 21 years of young people's services in January. I remember some great fishing sessions with the lads I worked with then. Taking on paper the worst combination out together and they were awesome. Pictures went in the family mantle piece. Pleased to say a couple are very keen and good anglers now. A great work by those continuing to do so and great to support them.

A lovely gesture Darren, you are obviously one of life's good guys. The Barbel Society used to distribute unused tackle to youngsters, give them a call.
Regards,
G.T.

Had just about lost my faith in 'fellow anglers',due mainly to the facebook instants,however,it just shows, there are some proper blokes left,massive Darren.

Nice one Darren :)

Yep Darren a great gesture, and from the link posted regarding donated tackle I have joined the group, had a clear out last Sunday and have a stack of tackle to give away.

After Darren's wonderful gesture.

I'm sure most of us, have/has, at least a few bits of spare tackle we no longer use, or could donate to a reasonable cause. Could the Admin possibly recognise a suitable group worthy of BFW, that we could donate to ??? Just a thought.

A few years back, on another forum, that has sadly gone, members put spare tackle/goods that they no longer needed/wanted, up for auction to other members, all monies raised, went to a suitable cause, ( i think it was split between a guy called Les, who taught youngsters, and a group called wheelchair buddies, able anglers assissting wheelchair bound anglers), would be great if we could do something similar on here.

Last edited:
Really inspiring stuff and luckily my nephew expressed an interest in going fishing he's dabbled before. Nothing gave me greater pleasure to have a look round in the shed to help him start out.

Back