• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

fox rods

Mark Widd

hi there am new to this dont no if ive put it on the wrong place anyway can anyone tell me what the fox duo xtra 1.75lb rod is like please and wich is the best that or the korum neoteric all ya help would be gratefull cheers:):):)

hi there am new to this dont no if ive put it on the wrong place anyway can anyone tell me what the fox duo xtra 1.75lb rod is like please and wich is the best that or the korum neoteric all ya help would be gratefull cheers:):):)

Can't comment on the Fox as I've never even had a wiggle. You do see a fair few of them on the banks though so they can't be all bad. As for the Korum Neoteric Twin Tip, pretty good rod for the money, especially if you can find them for less than a ton. The 1.75lb tip does for general purpose barbelling and the 2.2lb tip gives you the option of using it as a flood rod or for chucking big feeders on big rivers like the Trent.

I agree with Chris regarding the Korums. I have a pair that I got second of ebay for about a oner. Very good allround rods. I use mine with the 1.75 for barbel, I use the 2.2 tips for heavier duties such as small lake carping and flood water river fishing. For the money a very good versatile rod.

Haydn

I have the fox barbel duo 1.5, barbel duo xs 1.75, awsome rods, but its what feels best in your hand mate.
I can vouch for ther durabillity and lasting, mine have been all over the place and still not a sctatch on them.

Back