• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fox international...selling direct?

Completely agree I think the joy in a cork handle is the way it feels and to leave it wrapped in plastic IMHO is madness and wonder why they bothered buying cork in the first place ? if they are scared to get it dirty lol
Often think that the clear wrap serves a couple of purposes and this applies to a lot of rods out there:

1. The shrink wrap keeps the filler in.
2. The true quality of the cork is obscured.

Maybe a cynical view but I've seen (and bought unseen - silly me) some dreadful quality cork - even on expensive rods.

Cheers

Bob

Completely agree I think the joy in a cork handle is the way it feels and to leave it wrapped in plastic IMHO is madness and wonder why they bothered buying cork in the first place ? if they are scared to get it dirty lol
Don't forget Gerry they are pike rods - sat on buzzers for 90 ( or 99.99% in my case) of the time
When I got them I was a lot younger and they were my first ' proper' rods and cost me a relative fortune, so rightly or wrongly I cherished them
Just never occurred to me to take the wrapping off, simple as that.
I have quite a few more cork handle rods now ( 10 to be exact) all unsheathed and battle scarred from butt grips and so on, and you're right they have character.

Back