• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fox Horizon

Lee Backshall

Having just nought a set of Fox Horizon x4 twin tips...I was looking for other people who have said rods to ask what isotope holders fit the tips please? As thyere a lot slimmer than my previous Korums

Having just nought a set of Fox Horizon x4 twin tips...I was looking for other people who have said rods to ask what isotope holders fit the tips please? As thyere a lot slimmer than my previous Korums
Out of interest are your 1.75 and 2.25lb tips different diameters?

I'm just sending a pair of these rods back as all four tips are approx. 1.6mm od and the replacements Fox sent to the shop are also same diameter.

Another customers tips were checked as 1.6mm for 1.75 and 1.9mm for the 2.25s.

Enterprise Avon/Barbel RodTip Nightlight adaptors fit.

Adrian, both Lee and I bought a pair of Horizons in the last week, and we both saw your thread.
Our tips on all 4 rods are definitely different (it was the first thing I checked after reading your post!). Are yours not marked with 1.75 or 2.25 at the base of the tip section?
I haven't measured mine but the 1.75 is certainly slimmer and flexes more.

Hi. 50% are marked (under the epoxy) 2.25lb, but all four are identical.
Where did you buy yours? I'm willing to try again but Billy Clarke Tackle have no more (PS. They gave been very good about this and offered immediate refund).

Hi. 50% are marked (under the epoxy) 2.25lb, but all four are identical.
Where did you buy yours? I'm willing to try again but Billy Clarke Tackle have no more (PS. They gave been very good about this and offered immediate refund).
So don't you have any marked as 1.75? All my tips have the test curve under the epoxy.
They are in short supply everywhere. I got mine from Future Fishing, Farndon, who I recommend highly (and think they had a few more in stock for £129). One or two other places had them in stock but for c £170.

So don't you have any marked as 1.75? All my tips have the test curve under the epoxy.
They are in short supply everywhere. I got mine from Future Fishing, Farndon, who I recommend highly (and think they had a few more in stock for £129). One or two other places had them in stock but for c £170.
Sorry...not clear...I should have said "...and the other 50% are marked 1.75lb"

Steve,
They don't have any more in stock
...I just bought the last two 😉

Back