• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fox Duo-Lite Floodwater Barbel Rods (ARD021)

Mark Dodd

Hi,
I'm looking to sell a pair of Fox Duo-Lite Floodwater Barbel Rods (ARD021).
They're used but in good condition. I've tippex'd a couple of the quiver tips but that's all.
Just seeing if anyone is interested (if so pm me please).
I'm based in Evesham but work in Brum.

FOX Duo-Lite Floodwater Barbel ROD 12ft 2.75lb with tips

This is a barbel rod specifically designed for floodwater fishing. The very unique blank will cope with just about every situation you are likely to encounter during times of flood on both large and small rivers. It also doubles up as a perfect hit and hold rod for snag fishing where heavy lines and strong hooks are needed.

It is supplied with both a solid and a push in quiver tip rated at 2 ¾ lb. The interchangeable tips are rated at 4 and 6 oz for the softer glass versions and 5 and 7 oz for the stiffer carbon versions.

The Floodwater Barbel has stacks of hidden power allowing you to easily use massive feeders and heavy leger weights up to about 6 oz. Some of the biggest barbel have been caught in these tricky floodwater conditions but to be successful it is imperative that you have the right rod for the job. Although there is an amazing amount of power to cope with big leads and feeders the tips are surprisingly forgiving and actually act as a built in shock absorber so that you don’t straighten or pull some of the smaller hooks.

Whilst most floodwater fishing is conducted downstream which is perfect for the solid tip the quiver tip really comes into its own when you are fishing upstream. The selection of interchangeable tips allow you to use just the right power to tension against the rig without dislodging it. These tips also absorb fluctuating currents and cushion much of the debris that is being brought down on the rising river.

So whether you are fishing in snags with heavy tackle or with huge leads in heavy water conditions the Barbel Floodwater will allow you to easily extract those big doubles from their hidey holes.

Features include the following:

Rod Test Curve - 2.75lb.
Recommend reel lines 8 – 15 lb.
Solid top section 2 ¾ lb.
Quiver tip section 2 ¾ lb with 4 interchangeable tips:-
Glass – 4oz , 6oz
Carbon – 5oz , 7oz
Reel seat - Exclusive FOX – DS16 with soft touch woven finish.
2†/50mm Screw Down foregrip.
17 ½†/ 445mm Full cork handle with RC trim.
Guides – Fox Sliks.
Hook keeper.

Back