• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

forget the rivers and watercraft, the future!

Yeah I was reading that the other evening while trying to lure my first carp.

Best of all is the fishery owner claiming its not over stocked, if each fish weighed 7lb and every fish in the lake was caught (yeah right), that's still 1000 carp in a puddle of 2.5 acres (or is it 3 acres, cos Angling Crimes stated both sizes).
Though in my defence of carp fishing, I was on a 12 acre pit that is home to aprox 100 carp too 37lb and not a match orientated puddle.

Oh and the father and son 800lb haul from Drayton res' but the son got bored so quit after 12 hrs of catching.

I'm not really one to put down commercials, each to their own and all that.
But stocking densities seriously need reviewing and legislating, same as for agricultural animals.

Last edited:
Yep thats the future????????? Wonder how many of those fish actually have any lips left, yanked and banked as they are day in day out, I,ve seen the results, its not pretty, if thats the future, lets find something else!!!!!!!!
peter

You can see, now, why I took all of a nanosecond out my busy schedule a few years ago to rebrand a certain, once pretty decent, fishy paper The Dangling Crimes, for normalizing and making people aspire to doing such, look under "Trawling", stuff. Burger, now, "I want it like yesterday", with no-potato-content (except for the fools doin' the lip-rippin', that is) fries, anyone?

The future is grim - no swearing allowed ether? F*** that, I'm going down the river and taking my swearing handbook with me so I can verbally abuse any chub that dares to even look at my barbel bait!

Last edited:
Leave him alone Paul, he was only asking, and you can be a tad obscure at times. Doubt if Hurgen is 'part of the problem', after looking at a few of his posts.
Just console yourself that all associated with AT are booked for the third episode of the garden of earthly delights along with many angling celebs.

As for the pond I pretty much like to go along with 'each to their own', however this really does seem over the top. The no swearing sounds fine to me. Anyone loosing a fish will no doubt be playing another one in about thirty seconds.

Thanks Shaun, i appreciate it.Not sure what you meant by 'after looking at a few of his posts' i trust you meant it with the best of intentions.My post to Paul was not in anyway a reference to what he was saying,as i didnt have a clue to that.Just the pretentious\childish way his posts can come over at times. I didnt mean to be personal.

Yeah. Childish and pretentious, that's Moi. Best, then, to keep them strictly online and well away from a prickly public in public. To the Barbel Soc's certain gain or (far less likely) possible loss. Sorry Rich' (lovely handwritten letter of invitation, by the way - thank you), but I'm sure you will understand ... better out than in and all that...

Hi men ,

What a bunch of bloody snobs . Good luck to those who enjoy fihing these waters , in this way . It does seem a bit extreme to us , but to many match anglers ( many of them being better anglers than us ) it a good water !:D , just not our cup of tea. Where do you stop ? , a " bag limit " impossed when fishing for barbel ?, no more than 2 in a day ? :rolleyes: .

As my old mate Rob Maylin once quoted , "who are we to judge them , when they are just having fun " , or something like that :D .

Hatter

It's fishing i enjoy, not catching.

I enjoy fishing but if I didn't enjoy catching then I'd just sit on a riverbank and not go to the trouble and expense of taking rods, reels, bait etc etc. Fishing with little or no prospect of catching is a dismal experience.

Hi men ,

What a bunch of bloody snobs . Good luck to those who enjoy fihing these waters , in this way . It does seem a bit extreme to us , but to many match anglers ( many of them being better anglers than us ) it a good water !:D , just not our cup of tea. Where do you stop ? , a " bag limit " impossed when fishing for barbel ?, no more than 2 in a day ? :rolleyes: .

As my old mate Rob Maylin once quoted , "who are we to judge them , when they are just having fun " , or something like that :D .

Hatter

Snobs? Nah. Nothing to do with the easily wheeled out accusation of "snobbery". It's just that any fisher worth his salt simply doesn't pee on the fish he professes to love.

Hi men ,

There you go England world champion fishing team , you aint worth your salt , and don't love your fish :D:D:D:D:D, im sure they do really :p . Not snobbery , perhaps eliteist? or , just plain different.

Hatter

There are plenty of times when I disagree with Paul, though this is not necessarily always about what he is saying, so much as how he chooses to go about saying it.

In this instance I must say that if he is condemning the practice of creating overstocked fisheries full of fish that are entirely dependent on anglers bait, then I wholeheartedly agree with him that it is wrong. In fact I'd go as far as saying that as an animal welfare issue I feel it is potentially angling's Achilles heal and, as such, negatively impacts upon anglers in general!

Hi men ,

I agree in pricible , but its a rocky old road to go down on stocking dencitys . Surely we have enough bloody problems without moaning about a branch of our sport that has different aims to ours , fishing different type of venues to ours . Im talking more about people who have chosen the match route to go down , none the less skillfull , just different .

Hatter

Back