• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Forget barbel and target something that can really fight back!

How many time's have we heard of terapins that have been caught in lakes/ponds, so i can believe it! Who knows what exotic pets have been released into the wild. Look at all the big cat sightings across the country!

Dave

Last edited:
3 months ago, i came across the most vicious, biting thing i,d ever encountered in my life, it had the bite of twice that of any croc, it ripped the line from my reel like nothing else on earth, it even tried to take my house and kids, all three of them at once, the creature in question ??? the soon to be x. ;) thankfully, my tried and trusted sensor held out, it was a hell off a battle, but the house and 3 kids remain in my hands, for that, i am eternally grateful. Now that struggle is over, i may get the chance to do a bit more fishing.

Last edited:
3 months ago, i came across the most vicious, biting thing i,d ever encountered in my life, it had the bite of twice that of any croc, it ripped the line from my reel like nothing else on earth, it even tried to take my house and kids, all three of them at once, the creature in question ??? the soon to be x. ;) thankfully, my tried and trusted sensor held out, it was a hell off a battle, but the house and 3 kids remain in my hands, for that, i am eternally grateful. Now that struggle is over, i may get the chance to do a bit more fishing.

I wouldn't count your chickens too soon on that one Derek. The old saying 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' tends to come back and bite you on the bu-m if you don't keep watch over your shoulder mate. Fierce critters indeed.

Cheers, Dave.

How many time's have we heard of terapins that have been caught in lakes/ponds, so i can believe it! Who knows what exotic pets have been released into the wild. Look at all the big cat sightings across the country!

Dave

True there are animals illegally released but Terapins are not Terror-pins and Camens are not Crocidiles.

Big Cats on the loose? Well they remain just sightings ;)

A woman scorned? Now that is a beast.:eek:

This is an interesting discussion. 5 or 6 seasons ago I was fishing the local tees, pre dawn. I wasn't able to make out too much, but the sound and sight of some creature breaking the water about a rod length out petrified me. Whatever it was hesitated, hissed and disappeared into the water. To this day I have no clue what it was. Probably a bloody mink or something, but I can still here that hissing sound to this day!!

Probably one of those women things - some ex coming back to haunt me.

This is an interesting discussion. 5 or 6 seasons ago I was fishing the local tees, pre dawn. I wasn't able to make out too much, but the sound and sight of some creature breaking the water about a rod length out petrified me. Whatever it was hesitated, hissed and disappeared into the water. To this day I have no clue what it was. Probably a bloody mink or something, but I can still here that hissing sound to this day!!

Probably one of those women things - some ex coming back to haunt me.

canoeist maybe?

I wouldn't count your chickens too soon on that one Derek. The old saying 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' tends to come back and bite you on the bu-m if you don't keep watch over your shoulder mate. Fierce critters indeed.

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for the concern Dave, but hopefully, with a solicitors contract, ive covered all my bases. She works as a courier, delivering catalogue parcels etc, so much per parcel/package, and the run up to christmas has been very busy for her, she has always lived beyond her means, ive bailed her out many times cos i loved her, shes renting an apartment which at the mo, she can just about afford. Lets see what happens in the new year when the deliveries dry up/ slow down.

It could well have been a croc dumped by some irresponsible reptile owner but the angler concerned is wrong on one point. Parallell cuts as though inflicted buy a Stanley knife blade are very indicative of a pike attack, in fact that is very often the exact marks they leave.

Back