• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Foreign Trip?

Steve Sorrell

Already i'm thinking of a foreign fishing holiday some time next year.
Looking to find something that will not break the bank.
Definately ocean fishing and hopefully a variety of species.

Where would you reccomend.....??

Steve

Check out South Africa, just been given some info for probably the cheapest blue water fishing in the world, marlin etc from £350 a day, thats for the boat, not each angler, have a look at www. fishsodwana.co.za. Friends have just been there, diving, not fishing, but fish upto 250kg were caught when they were there, looks good.
peter

Many thanks for that Pete.
Those prices sound very attractive!
I'm also thinking Kenya for the sails.
Time will tell.

Steve

Steve, they catch them aswell, all the BIG stuff, blue and stripped marlin, not sure about blacks, apparently fairly easy to get there, 4 hour drive from Durban, mainly dual carriageway and empty, don,t know whether you can fly direct or not? Might have to go Joberg and on to Durban.? The beach launch looks interesting, maybe a change of underwear needed!!!!!!! Could be a real blast, fancy some of that myself. A week, blue water fishing, including flights, boat, car , beer and maybe food for around £2500 per head with 2 people going, sounds tempting, the missus doesn,t do boats, so I guessshe can stay on the beach!!!!!
peter

Yeah, looks good.
Luckily i've got the pass out, so just trying to drum up interest with a couple of mates. I'm told Emirates fly to Durban via Dubai. I'm going to look into some prices.
My only worry is that the website is a bit vague.
If you find out any more please let me know.
I looked at Pemba channel and further north but it's not cheap!
All the best,

Steve

Steve, for more info, contact John matambu, 08 44 00 2628, runs the Tackle shop in Sodwana, runs 2 boats, not the same company as the website, the owners of that run the pub.
peter

Back