• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fly Fishermen !

I would sooner tie my own on hooks that I know the quality of. 99p won't seem such a bargain when the fish of a lifetime straightens the hook!

You do that then :)

John has got a point Sam :D :p

It ain't as hard as it looks. I've spent many an hour getting creative behind a vice. Nice way to spend your time during the winter, when you can't get out. If only I had the time. :rolleyes:

John has got a point Sam :D :p

It ain't as hard as it looks. I've spent many an hour getting creative behind a vice. Nice way to spend your time during the winter, when you can't get out. If only I had the time. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it is... But for someone like me who only goes twice or so a year in the coarse close season, I think I'll pass on the hassle/expense of tying my own.....

Sam to some it is not a hassle, it is a craft, an art which is not necessarily connected to fishing. I knew some people in the Sussex Fly Dressers Guild who tied some quality flies who never went fishing, however I do understand that the hectic lives we live today it is not always possible to find time for everything.
Colin

Sam to some it is not a hassle, it is a craft, an art which is not necessarily connected to fishing. I knew some people in the Sussex Fly Dressers Guild who tied some quality flies who never went fishing, however I do understand that the hectic lives we live today it is not always possible to find time for everything.
Colin

To me it would be a hassle :) I prefer to go fishing rather than spend hours packing and preparing my gear ;)

Back