• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

float rod

Steven Ballard

Hi chaps, I know its been done to death, but can anyone recommend a 13-14ft rod that will be used for trotting for barbel?
I cant seem to find any relevant info...
I cant justify spending much, as I wont be float fishing for barbel an awful lot, I just wondered if anyone knew of any gems out there that are under £100 sheets?
thanks in advance
steve

Hi Steve,
Have a look at this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/drennan-1...ds_Fishing_FishingRods_EH&hash=item2a13fe8044

drennan 12ft 9" tench float rod in excellent "USED" condition...in fact you would have to find a new 1 to get 1 in better condition than this!....in its original tube and rod bag...take a good look at pics....3.88m sensitive float control tip....forward power in middle and top...can bully even BIG CARP...handles any reel line from 3lb to 8lb plus!...also excellent for BARBEL, big bags of BREAM etc SUPERB PIECE OF KIT!!!...as always i am selling with NO RESERVE....99P START...i never end an auction so PLEASE DON'T ASK..will bubble wrap and box it very well!!!..REMEMBER.....HIGHEST BIDDER GETS IT!.....UK MAINLAND POSTAGE ONLY

Dave

a 14ft rod

a 15ft rod

both upto the job ,both under £100 ,they just don't have a fancy brandname .i have the 15ft and wouldn't hesitate too use it for barbel ,its too strong for grayling or silvers ,not seen the 14ft rod yet but might come next payday ,as i'll be going to their shop for some bits .

keep an eye out for the fox duo lite specimen float rod, or if you're really lucky find a fox kevlex barbel float rod;) Drennan tench float i had was up to the job but the fox is better, mind you it was the old mk1 tench float and very long in the tooth;)

Back