• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Float fishing Collingham

Lee Hadaway

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi guys, I have a Trent trip booked in with my mate coming up as somewhere different for a day, somewhere from the weir at Collingham down. Does anyone float fish it for the Barbel? On a visit for a first look it was all 2 rods on alarms pointing to the sky 💤💤 if this is the way then so be it. I'm just right into my float fishing this year and fancied it. What sort of depths do we have there?

Any information greatly appreciated

I’ve never float fished the tidal before but I know @Jon Frisby does it a lot. Due to the fact that it’s a method rarely ever seen especially on the tidal,
I can only assume a moving bait is going to be a great edge in the right peg.

Collingham club do have float only matches and barbel are often caught. If you speak to the bailiff he’ll put you on the more productive pegs. It will depend on river level to allow you to get close enough to the waters edge, having said that I absolutely believe that during the day the barbel tuck right in close to the rocks in the deeper pegs.

T
Weirfield carpark, first few pegs over floodbank.... as good as any, water at your feet..

Back