• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flavoured meat

Matt Withers

When fishing I generally use meat on my down stream rod , and then either feeder or pva bag on the other, if you were fishing with meat, how many trips would you use the same meat if its frozen between trips ?

When fishing I generally use meat on my down stream rod , and then either feeder or pva bag on the other, if you were fishing with meat, how many trips would you use the same meat if its frozen between trips ?
Hi Matt, you can leave spam in your pellet box for months and it won't go off, eventually it takes on a very similar consistency to peperami, and will still catch barbel.

Hi Matt, you can leave spam in your pellet box for months and it won't go off, eventually it takes on a very similar consistency to peperami, and will still catch barbel.
Wow! That’s some strong preservative treatment in that meat.

Be warned though, a mate of mine caught a nasty case of the Ballroom Blitz after cross contaminating his own lunch with some unmentionable bacteria from his bait. He was poleaxed for a good few days after that.

Yeh, I was thinking I’d left it too long, it didn’t smell great at the weekend, maybe I need to flavour the next batch

Adding rock salt will prolong the life of the meat and some additional oil. The rock salt depending on quantity will sort of cure the meat.

Back