• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing Seatbox wanted

Hurgen Akindji

Hi all.
I'm after a seatbox preferably with drawers and a footplate. (would also consider the modular type)
Preston, Daiwa, Matchbox, Fox etc don't mind what it is.
PM me for my number to send over the pictures as I would prefer to view pics via private message or by phone.
Thanks

Hurgen you can get an amazing range of seat boxes now not just the main name ones. It'd look at some of the shops own. For something like £150 you get a very good set up with loads of extras

Do a few searches loads available. I know I've seen a few and been shocked of what you get for the money. I haven't got much internet where im working but quickly found this. It will need accessories but a decent box and great platform to build on thanks Jon
P.s if on Facebook go on the market place loads on there

loads on ebay, here's just a few :)

Cheers lads. But I've had these types before and although great value for money, I'm after a more branded one.
I'll keep looking though.

Maver will be good that I listed. I'd def look for a second hand one so much more for your money. I've got a Preston x box which I really rate however the hinge design def lets it down and is a weakness. Im sure tbe newer ones aren't hinged the same

Cheers lads. But I've had these types before and although great value for money, I'm after a more branded one.
I'll keep looking though.
Rive would be a good bet, plenty around,been made for ages so spare interchangeable modules readily available, they may be pricey new, but secondhand you can get a bargain.

Hi all.
I'm after a seatbox preferably with drawers and a footplate. (would also consider the modular type)
Preston, Daiwa, Matchbox, Fox etc don't mind what it is.
PM me for my number to send over the pictures as I would prefer to view pics via private message or by phone.
Thanks

Hi Hurgen, I do the tame carp match puddle thing in the summer, and own a Rive as Rich as mentioned, great box, but very expensive for bits and pieces. If I was in the market for another one, I'd get a Matrix s36. They're similar to my Rive, with a sliding footplate and 36mm legs. A few mates have got them, and they're a nice box for the money. You should be able to pick one up for about £420 brand new.

Hurgen, keep an eye on the bay. That boss/diawa box went for £71 including postage, and is a quality item, built to last. Brilo also made excellent boxes, in case any pop up, hand made in Nelson ( up north ). Sadly, no longer producing. Good luck in your search. :)

Hurgen,look for a good second hand " platforms tuff box ".
Brilliant box all aluminium, light but very strong. Google a pic of them, you won't be disappointed,mines a cracker. Loads to add on as well. They come with cassette footplate. A bit dated, but bombproof.

Last edited:
Back