• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing Pocket DAB Radio recommendation

Jon Whelan

Evening all,

Slightly removed somewhat from the conventional tackle recommendations.

Now & again on the odd 24 hour plus session on the Trent I like to listen to a bit of radio for a bit of brain engagement with Radio 4 etc.. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced small or pocket size DAB radio?

It would preferably be less than 6 inch long, 4 inch height by 1 inch depth with a small speaker not headphones. I would like it to sound clear but as long as it reliably tunes in then that's fine & essentially this will played at very low volumes. Good battery life would be a bonus!

Many thanks in advance, Jon

i have 2 of the roberts range, great little radios,ones around 2" square x 1" thick and has no speaker, the other is around 6" x 4" x 1" and has a speaker.
around the 45 quid mark.
best on the market and good battery life too. i use rechargables and always take a spare set. never let me down since xmas 2004........;)

Pure Move every day of the week and twice on Sundays.;):D

I know someone else that'll say similar too.

Evening all,

Slightly removed somewhat from the conventional tackle recommendations.

Now & again on the odd 24 hour plus session on the Trent I like to listen to a bit of radio for a bit of brain engagement with Radio 4 etc.. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced small or pocket size DAB radio?

It would preferably be less than 6 inch long, 4 inch height by 1 inch depth with a small speaker not headphones. I would like it to sound clear but as long as it reliably tunes in then that's fine & essentially this will played at very low volumes. Good battery life would be a bonus!

Many thanks in advance, Jon

Pure move Jon.

Many thanks for the feedback - its my B'day towards the end of the month & just making my wish list.

Thanks again, Jon

Pure move here too, got mine from Pure on Ebay as a refurb, basically brand new without the normal markettng box, cost me £50 instead of £80 or whatever they normally are.

Make sure anything you pay cash for now is DAB 2 compatible otherwise you won't be able to receive many channels soon. Most of the older DAB radios are presently offered at a discount for a reason.

Thanks for the extra feedback lads especially re dabs 2 compatibility. True on hardly hearing it & at times I do like the peace & quiet especially when one is far enough away from suburbia so there is no background hum of the town/roads/motorways etc..

Mostly, I prefer to fish by myself for at least 36 hours - would like longer but that's only if the veritable cage door is left open. Regardless, my fishing brain can cope with a lot of space & the preoccupation but just needs a bit of selfless engagement now & again - Radio 4 being my preferred tipple!

Not quite in the spirit of river fishing to some I like my radio on a very low volume so I can hear my even lower volume alarms - neither of which I like anyone else to hear on the bank & prefer that no one even knew I was there!

On the bank I am not exactly the social type & that's how I like it.

Back