• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

First winter chub session

Alex Chalmers-Wilkes

After not really doing much fishing this winter. I was able to be allowed to fish a private stretch of my local. So it was a quick morning session loaded with hot flask and cheese paste and liqudised bread. Within an hour the rod tip bent round to produce this fine winter chub. Moved 30 yards downstream but nothing more showed. Not bad for a 2 hour session. Great to find a new stretch that no one has fished before. Looking forward to getting back once the snow has gone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_085317.jpg
    IMG_20210213_085317.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20210213_083807.jpg
    IMG_20210213_083807.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 264
After not really doing much fishing this winter. I was able to be allowed to fish a private stretch of my local. So it was a quick morning session loaded with hot flask and cheese paste and liqudised bread. Within an hour the rod tip bent round to produce this fine winter chub. Moved 30 yards downstream but nothing more showed. Not bad for a 2 hour session. Great to find a new stretch that no one has fished before. Looking forward to getting back once the snow has gone.
I wish I was as lucky as you to have a river close to home, nice fish

Last edited:
Back