• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Feeders in stock

The gravel collection
6 standard size cages in my favorite 2 gravel colours built with powerful and spate rivers in mind fishing over rocks, stones gravel these will go completely unnoticed on clear days when the fish are most nervous. 2 at 4oz and 4 at 4.5oz they’ve got Wye/swale/Severn/Trent wrote all over them.
£20 includes postage
47AC7E07-2A5E-4DEA-BD29-A978BDDBB4EF.jpeg
C232C3A1-C9EE-487A-B9FC-F4FFA9D2AD7A.jpeg
7877A6CF-AEF6-4688-9D50-F19554D2F115.jpeg

So I’ve designed and built a cage feeder that ticks all the boxes for my preferred style of fishing. one for the purists that’s for sure.
Small/medium rivers, backwaters and streams,
Avon, dove, gt ouse, ivel, nene, loddon etc etc
targeting single fish that are usually very big and quite spooky.
let’s start with the colour. I think this is more important in these types of rivers and achieving something that blends well into the surroundings especially in clear water is crucial. Barbel do spook off incoming lines, leads and feeders. I’ve gone with a gravel colour but with a splash of weedy green to represent those gravel runs between the streamer weed.
the size has been cut down in both length and diameter. You don’t need a lot of loose feed in this type of fishing and a discreet feeder is far better.
it’s blocked at one end for slower release keeping the scent around your bait longer and they are a fairly low tunnel design profile too.
weight wise I’ve gone with 50/55/60/65 grams perfect for holding bottom in the main flow on these smaller rivers. No long booms on these and no strong links either. This is fitted with my release system which is important for extracting the fish of a lifetime from these snaggy waters the tube will pull away from the feeder at 6lb of pulling force which is perfect for staying on all day all casts but will definitely pull free before your main line does.
photos and prices to come shortly when they are finished

Last edited:
They maybe small but time consuming fiddly little things they are with a completely unique design of their own.

Not cheap but that’s what they are. £16 posted.
06BAE7B8-7B91-4838-B1B5-34C0D05E9E0D.jpeg
731B063D-91E8-4D77-8BB1-5AD9B8EB13D5.jpeg
2DB84678-E76D-42A0-8B63-508AAEA038BB.jpeg
DF03B77B-0969-40F3-AA8C-A762F718FFEE.jpeg

Back