• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Energiser headlight

Steve Roffey

Does anyone know if the Energiser lamp with the 2 white + 1 red LED is still available?
The switch on mine has broken off and while I've managed to glue it back for now I'd like to get another lamp as backup. Tried online search but can only find the versions with 3 white LED's or the all singing push-button type with 7 LED's.

If you have a Wilkinson (Wilko) store near you, they stock their own brand, which looks to be 99% Energizer (2 white + 1 red). And half price of the Energizer.

For £15 you can have this.......
Alpkit
Features at a glance
Two modes - 1W LED or 5mm LEDs.
Instant off - from any mode.
Orange button - single multi operation button.
Green and Red LEDs - for night vision.
Pivotable head unit - give your neck a rest.
Emergency strobe mode - attract attention.
Adjustable elastic headband - because we all have different sized heads.
Water resistant - that doesn't mean waterproof to 10m!
Batteries included - and they are Duracell.
Red light - on battery pack with strobe mode

Gamma LED Headtorch - Alpkit

Cheers
Bob

Tesco are still stocking the 2 white one red, I've got a few of them, I recently got the all white version and find them much brighter for walking back to the car after packing up. I never use the red light on other version anyway!

Tesco are still stocking the 2 white one red, I've got a few of them, I recently got the all white version and find them much brighter for walking back to the car after packing up. I never use the red light on other version anyway!

I'm glad it's not just me who keeps slipping one into the monthly shopping trolley.:eek:

So far I've managed to break one, drop one in the river and give three to grandchildren who are going on outward bound courses, I wouldn't mind but I don't even have any Grandchildren.

Last edited:
I'm glad it's not just me who keeps slipping one into the monthly shopping trolley.:eek:

So far I've managed to break one, drop one in the river and give three to grandchildren who are going on outward bound courses, I wouldn't mind but I don't even have any Grandchildren.

I dropped in lucky a couple of years back and got a few at half price, got one off a mate that got one for beach fishing but didn't realise it was only suitable for close up work and useless for landing fish in the surf.

The only problem I've ever had with them is the copper terminals flatten out and the battery connection can be a bit slack, easy to open out though!

Thanks for all the replies, I was in B&Q yesterday and they only had the 3 white LED Energiser in stock, but I got one of their own brand ones for £5, that'll do for a backup.
I use the red LED on mine all the time for baiting up, also doesn't attract the buzzy critters like the white light does!

I use the red LED on mine all the time for baiting up, also doesn't attract the buzzy critters like the white light does!

Same here Steve. The red light doesn't destroy your night vision like white does , and as you say, doesn't attract the little bloodsucking gits. It also doesn't seem to bother the fish as much. It's not quite as easy to see with as white light when you are baiting up, but I manage...and I think it's benefits outweigh the squinting bit :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back