• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Elliptical Pellets

Peter Brownbill

See sonubaits are selling these again in 8mm and sticky baits also in 9mm.Anybody know if there in the shops yet,my local hasn't.
Loved these pellets until they stopped making them.Anyone using Them.
Cheers

I've been trying Hinders Elips (again) this summer and I must say, the scent on the pellet doesn't last more than 15/20 minutes once immersed. Not impressed.

Nothing will ever beat the originals, which contained the magic astaxanthin ingredient and were aimed at the aquaculture industry.

Everything since has been inferior :(

I was very disappointed when Hinders ellips changed shape - I preferred the way 2 of the old style elips glued together on a hair - but in all honesty the barbel don't seem to care e.g. 31 barbel in 2 days on Wye earlier this month .

I bought some of the Sonubait eliptical pellets but haven't even opened them yet- still using the new Hinders ellips.

Neil

I was very disappointed when Hinders ellips changed shape - I preferred the way 2 of the old style elips glued together on a hair - but in all honesty the barbel don't seem to care e.g. 31 barbel in 2 days on Wye earlier this month .

I bought some of the Sonubait eliptical pellets but haven't even opened them yet- still using the new Hinders ellips.

Neil

I reckon you'd have caught 62 barbel on the originals :D

The other Hinders pellet with I really liked was the 3mm mini betains; however they stopped doing those too. It just shows how reliant they are on what the aquaculture industry produces for commercial fish farming.

I used the Flatz for the first time last week on the Wye. Easy to superglue, supposedly made with original recipe. Could do with making them in a larger size. Caught ok using them, but then the two alternative baits worked ok as well.

Nothing will ever beat the originals, which contained the magic astaxanthin ingredient and were aimed at the aquaculture industry.

Everything since has been inferior :(

Totally agree, they seemed to outfish all other pellets that didn't contain it.

It made me wonder if anyone has tried to add it to the new hinders/wcb pellets. I see that astaxanthin can be bought in capsule form from health food retailers. Another evening of making a mess and smell in the kitchen without the wife finding out is in the offing...

Thought the Bfw Salips were equally good and these contained astaxanthin. Last time I tried them they still worked very well.

Totally agree, they seemed to outfish all other pellets that didn't contain it.

It made me wonder if anyone has tried to add it to the new hinders/wcb pellets. I see that astaxanthin can be bought in capsule form from health food retailers. Another evening of making a mess and smell in the kitchen without the wife finding out is in the offing...

How much of the ingredient is in the capsules do they contain a carrier for it?

Back