• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Elips Pellet Mix

David Potter

Elips Pellet Mix -A combination of small, medium and large elips pellets
Phoned Bristol Bait Supplies today to order some Elips Pellet Mix and was told they are not selling Elips pellets anymore due to the price increase from the supplier!
Dont think CC Moore or Hinders sell "ELIPS PELLET MIX" only Halibut pellets not ELIPS ?
Does anybody know who else sells 10KG bags of ELIPS PELLET MIX ?
Dave

Sonubaits sell Elliptical Pellets...are these Ellips...?

Buy a bag of each size from Hinders and mix together, to make a Elips Pellet Mix (surely you want more of the smaller sizes in the blend anyway).

Buy a bag of each size from Hinders and mix together, to make a Elips Pellet Mix (surely you want more of the smaller sizes in the blend anyway).

Neil,
For some stupid reason i never thought of that - that is the answer and as you say can mix them in the way i want - i just had tunnel vision i think looking for the normal mix i buy from BBS
Dave

Wish bfw would bring back there pellets,they were the best pellet bar none

mh

Mick,
We have been down that road a while ago Andy wont supply them for some reason or tell us where to get them from but your right they were the best pellets by a river mile !
Caught my PB on BFW HALIPS
Dave

Dave, I've been using Hinders Elips pellets this season. Intially I wasn't that taken by them, as they break down to mulch fairly quickly (3-4hours), whereas my old ones (discontinued) were very fibrous and could be left out for an eternity, still retaining there form but TBH unless you like super gluing them to your hair, that shouldn't be a problem.

Most importantly though; they are excellent fish attractants and subsequently fish catchers.:)

Hi chaps,

I looked into the options again recently and the Hallips (BFWs own name for them) have been discontinued. The Sallips (again our own name) were discontinued years ago too.

Therefore I'd only be able to supply Ellips, which to be totally honest wouldn't benefit you, the customers, as they're the same as the Hinders ones, and many other suppliers.

It cracks me up when I hear/read pellet suppliers say things about a special ingredient they put in their pellets, or a secret recipe they have. The bulk of the popular ones come from trout feed suppliers. The Ellips changed a few years ago (the newer one breaks down much quicker), and this was purely the result of the feed manufacturer wanting to produce a more cost effective feed for the trout farming market, taking out an ingredient that barbel seemed to LOVE! This ingredient gave the original ones the really orangey appearance...

Cheers,

Andy F

Hi chaps,

I looked into the options again recently and the Hallips (BFWs own name for them) have been discontinued. The Sallips (again our own name) were discontinued years ago too.

Therefore I'd only be able to supply Ellips, which to be totally honest wouldn't benefit you, the customers, as they're the same as the Hinders ones, and many other suppliers.

It cracks me up when I hear/read pellet suppliers say things about a special ingredient they put in their pellets, or a secret recipe they have. The bulk of the popular ones come from trout feed suppliers. The Ellips changed a few years ago (the newer one breaks down much quicker), and this was purely the result of the feed manufacturer wanting to produce a more cost effective feed for the trout farming market, taking out an ingredient that barbel seemed to LOVE! This ingredient gave the original ones the really orangey appearance...

Cheers,

Andy F

Hi Andy

What was the ingredient they took out of the original Ellips

Mike

It was something called Astaxanthin, or so I was told at the time. I actually managed to source some (a free trial!) from a Scandinavian supplier but have to confess I didn't do much with it. It was incredibly expensive if bought in quantity...

Cheers,

Andy

My latest batch of Hinders Elips are a lot lighter in colour, dont have the same amount of oil in them, and break down a lot quicker. Still catch on them though.

Tom, I rang Hinders when I received mine and they assured me it was just down to the fish meals used by the supplier but all the key ingredients were still present. They definately have less oil and break down quicker but like yourself I'm still catching on them.

My latest batch of Hinders Elips are a lot lighter in colour, dont have the same amount of oil in them, and break down a lot quicker. Still catch on them though.

I received a batch a couple of months ago and mine were a lot lighter than the batch before, definately something missing out of them and they do break down a lot quicker. I initially thought that they were an old batch but obviously not;)
Like everyone else tho, still catching on them:D

Sonubaits Elips are just as good and cheaper than Hinders.

Are you sure? I thought Sonubaits Elips pellets rrp at £3.99 p/kg, I paid £2.08 p/kg with Hinders, admittedly that was on a 20kg order but even on 2kg bags they're still only £7.25 each, or £3.63 p/kg.

Back