• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Eel's

Paul Johnson

How big do you think this was before the otter ate half of it.
wac001.jpg
[/IMG]

My seat is 18 inch's long and the remains of the eel weighed exactly 3lb

Paul - It looks like the otter decided to consume the head & gut section for the main nutritional value (heart, liver, etc - yummy) and the other end as part of a balanced diet.:D

Rhys - like it :D:D:D

Interesting that Chris - I've seen 2 dead big Lamprey in the margings on the Lower Severn in the last two years. That's 2 more than I've ever seen before !!

Actually the culprit my have been a Mink ?

Last edited:
Nah couldn't of been an otter. 6lb fish it would have only eaten its chin, throat and part of the stomach..... Well so I'm always being told:p

Look at the up side, one less barbel that Tarka will need to devour.:eek:

6lbs in weight, I heard that eels grow at about a pound every decade. On that basis it would be 60 years old and have only been nailed by a seal or gull once in the sea off our coast. What with being so old and slow.:rolleyes:

It is definitely a eel!:eek:
I found it on the bank's of the Teme but within 150yds of a private pool which was rumured to hold 6lb eel's many year's ago.
A mate did catch a near 4 from there a few years ago.
Before you ask yes I can fish it! And will be having a couple of night sessions towards the end of the closed season;)

Back